So here's some links that may help to establish connections with multimedia-libraries' projects:
- libVLC - need to say more?
- Open Computer Vision Library - 500 algorithms, documentation and sample code for real time computer vision.
- Cinder - a powerful, intuitive toolbox for programming graphics, audio, video, networking, image processing and computational geometry.
- The VXL Project - A multi-platform collection of C++ software libraries for Computer Vision and Image Understanding.
- CLAM - a full-fledged software framework for research and application development in the Audio and Music Domain.
- Openlibraries - a powerful, cross-platform set of C++ libraries that provide developers with key components for the development of rich media applications.
- PIAVE - a render and effect engine;
...and more interesting links here.