We are using "MS UI Gothic" on Windows and "Arial Unicode MS" on OSX.
Just to be clear on this, we have successfully used those fonts as fallback for two years already.
We use the 1.53 stable release for development, but i also just checked with the tip (like i always do) and does not work either.
I got the tip like this:
git clone --depth 1 git://juce.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/juce/juce
I then opened the JuceDemo project and added the fallback method to initialise.
- Code: Select all
void initialise (const String& /*commandLine*/)
Font::setFallbackFontName("MS UI Gothic");
#if JUCE_IOS || JUCE_ANDROID
theMainWindow.centreWithSize (700, 600);
// this little function just demonstrates a few system info calls
/* on return from this method, the app will go into its the main event
dispatch loop, and this will run until something calls
In this case, JUCEAppliction::quit() will be called by the
demo window when the user clicks on its close button.
I than navigate to a file with Japanese characters using the FileTreeComponent example (TreeViews) and it shows up blank.
I you go the 'Fonts and Text' demo and you select 'MS UI Gothic" from the list and enter the following characters '漢字仮名交' (same characters as in the filename) it renders the text fine.